Office Cleanliness is Related to Employee Productivity. The Ultimate Office Cleaning Checklist:
When it comes to money, a bank’s offices form an entire economy around its clients’ investments and finances. For this reason, cleanliness is the name of the game for any bank office in Toronto. How can customers trust a bank to keep their money safe if the bank cannot even keep its office clean? Offices must maintain an impeccable reputation of the highest professionalism, which cannot be achieved with a dusty, dirty office. Commercial cleaning is essential to the daily operations of a bank office. Knowing how to keep your desks and partitions clean can help you convey a sense of transparency – and gain the trust of your customers.
A Clean Office Makes Employees Happier
Regardless of how your office is set up, your employees most likely consider the office their second home, as they spend most of their time awake in it – 8 hours to be exact. For this reason, they would greatly appreciate any form of effort put into cleaning and organising the workplace so they can get their work done without rushing. We present three different checklists that can serve as a guide for daily, weekly and monthly office cleaning. Required in most areas around Toronto, Scarborough, Vaughan, Richmond Hill, Ajax, Maple, Mississauga, Woodbridge, Stouffville, Milton, Markham, Oshawa, Concord, Thornhill, North York, Oakville, Aurora, Brampton, Newmarket, Etobicoke, Pickering.
Daily Office Cleaning Checklist
An office may not be as chaotic as restaurants or clinics, but the busy customer traffic coming in and out of the bank contributes to dust and dirt entering the bank office. Proper sanitization of the bank office is a must, as multiple people often enter and exit the premises. The seating, pens and papers around the ATMs are also used by many different people and therefore need to be thoroughly disinfected.
- Disinfect light switches, doorknobs, carpets and mats, waiting seats, counter seats, work surfaces, designated areas for filling out forms, pens, papers, and other shared items.
- Clean and disinfect bathrooms, restrooms with toilet cleaner, brushes, and sinks.
- Disinfect faucets, tissue dispensers and hand dryers.
- Wipe down countertops, glass partitions, windows, bulletin boards and doors with glass cleaner.
- Refill all tissue and hand soap dispensers regularly and disinfect ATM (ATM).
- Sweep and mop floors, vacuum carpets, and dispose of trash in trash cans.
Weekly Office Cleaning Checklist
Inaccessible areas can get by with weekly cleaning for general maintenance. Areas that are not as busy, such as private areas, can be cleaned weekly to prevent dust buildup. Supplies should also be replenished weekly to ensure employees have enough resources to do their jobs.
- Dust door and window frames and clear ceilings of cobwebs.
- Polish chrome fixtures with metal polish and freshen wooden fixtures.
- Check the condition of office equipment, the condition of kitchen appliances: refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker.
- Vacuum all areas thoroughly, including dark corners and ceilings.
Monthly Office Cleaning Checklist
Some heavy cleaning tasks cannot be done daily or weekly because of scheduling conflicts or because the tasks should simply be done once a month. These tasks usually include office maintenance with pest control, carpet cleaning and upholstery cleaning.
- Use pest control services to prevent colonies of pests from settling in the bank and getting into the valuables.
- Shampoo the carpets and vacuum them dry. Use a commercial cleaning service to deep clean the carpets.
- Remove the upholstery covers and take them to the laundromat. Replace them with new, clean upholstery covers.
- Dust vents, air conditioners and high ceiling fixtures such as lamps and shelves.
- Clean dishes and utensils in cabinets and clean out the refrigerator.
- Check emergency equipment: Smoke detectors, fire extinguishers, emergency exits, safety protocols.
Cleaning and Maintenance Tips to Remember
If you are thinking about commercial cleaning of a bank office, remember that any stain or dirt can immediately give the wrong impression to customers. Banks have the responsibility to manage their customers’ finances. Therefore, customers are usually critical when it comes to the condition of the office where they do their banking.
An office must present itself with utmost professionalism. This means not only for the employees, but also that the office must be impeccably clean. Still, no space is spared from dust and dirt, nor is it spared from human error in the form of spills and accidents. Here are some tips on how to keep your bank office as clean as possible:
- Wipe up spilled food or drinks in the office and waiting areas, including the outside stairs of the bank office and the area around ATM.
- Do not allow employees to eat at their desks to prevent bugs from settling in the office. Also, wipe ink stains with hand sanitizer and keep pens away from wood surfaces to prevent stains.
- Avoid high-maintenance furniture such as painted wood and natural stone to make cleaning easier. Also, organize cables and appliances by type to avoid cable clutter.
- Pens at gas stations should be replaced every time they run out of ink. Old, cracked furniture should be replaced, especially in high-traffic areas and entryways such as waiting rooms and offices.
- Use only trustworthy and reputable commercial cleaning services.
Get a Trusted Cleaning Services Company
Most people do not realise it, but the cleaner the office, the more productive employees are. Hire a professional cleaning service regularly and keep your office spotlessly clean for the benefit of your employees. Since there is a lot of money involved in a bank’s office, every single person who enters the premises needs to be thoroughly vetted. Employees and staff who are in restricted areas must be checked before they are allowed to move around the office.
The bank office cleaner must also come from a trustworthy and reputable cleaning company. The Star Team Cleaning Services is now a trusted partner for cleaning services. Our professional cleaners are highly regarded for their knowledge and experience in cleaning all types of commercial spaces. Outsourcing your commercial cleaning services will save you time and money and keep your office hygienic and well-maintained. If you would like a free quote, call us now at (647)-772-4486 Or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
We hired Star Team Cleaning 3 years ago to clean our 110,000 sqft Gym, they have been doing amazing job ever since, we got great feedbacks from our members as well as our staff members as our cleanliness is our number one priority. We definitely recommend the Start Team Cleaning for your facility. Jamila Ho